Another energy ball recipe coming in hot. I realize you may not have these ingredients on hand so you could try subbing out some of the nuts but full disclaimer I haven’t tried any other version. But what I will say is the combination of maca with the cashews and brazil nuts is quite perfect.
I used brazil nuts in this recipe because 1) I had them on hand and 2) they don’t get nearly as love as they deserve. Brazil nuts are a powerhouse in that they are good for hormonal health, the immune system and are loaded with a mineral called selenium. Selenium plays a vital role in thyroid function so a small amount such as 3 brazil nuts a day will give you the required daily amount.
Some other great uses for Brazil nuts:
- Nut milks
- Nut butters
- Trail mix
So. Have I convinced you to go out and buy these superfood nuts or nah?
Don’t forget to tag me in your recipes! xo
p.s. The recipe makes a perfect bakers dozen (wink wink)
- 1.5 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 2 tbsp @organikahealth collagen
- 1 tbsp @organikahealth maca (optional but I like the caramel-y taste)
- 7-9 apricots
- Combine first two ingredients in a food processor and process until you get a crumbly texture
- Add remaining ingredients and process until mixture starts to bind together and becomes somewhat tacky
- Scoop out and form into balls with your hands
- Place on a cookie tray in the fridge to allow the balls to full form (about 20 minutes)
- Transfer to a jar or airtight container and store in the fridge. Balls will last around 12 days