If you are looking for a hearty and flavorful soup well look no further cause this is the soup for you.
I love black beans, so I figured why not put them in a soup. Although I am not 100% vegan anymore, my diet is still heavily plant based and I always love a hearty plant-based meal.
This soup requires minimal prep and takes no time from start to finish. I love a lot of flavor, so I always add in extra spices so as I always say – adjust to your preference.
And I know that cilantro isn’t everyone’s thing (still don’t get that) so it is optional.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag me in your creations!
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of organic corn kernels
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 package of mushrooms (250g), diced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot combine the beans, corn and tomatoes, vegetable broth and set aside
- In a separate pan, add oil and sauté the onions with some salt and pepper
- Once they are translucent add in the garlic and continue to sauté
- Add in the mushrooms and lightly sauté. Next add in the cumin, coriander and chili powder and sauté for another minute or so. Remove from heat
- Add the mushroom mixture to the pot and bring to a boil (roughly 7 minutes)
- Allow the mixture to boil and flavors to marinate, turn the heat to low and add the coconut milk and chopped cilantro. Allow the soup to simmer. Remove from heat