I know what you’re thinking….another recipe with chocolate. What can I say? I am a chocoholic and not ashamed to admit it. (I’m shrugging my shoulders as I type this).
I was *so* tempted to add a chocolate drizzle on these bad boys but I refrained for the simple fact that I wanted to keep this recipe sugar free. But just know that it’s an option should you wish to take it 😉
I made these to satisfy that sweet craving I get sometimes after a meal but wanted to keep it clean and used the dates as the sweetener. These bites aren’t overly sweet since the raw cacao counteracts the dates very nicely.
If you don’t have chopped cherries, you can use a different dried fruit BUT make sure that they are unsweetened (it will say on the label). A lot of dried fruit will have added sugar so make sure to really read the label.
Give these a try – I know you will love them as much as I do. Don’t forget to tag me in your creations!
- 10-11 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 ½ – 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsps hemp seeds (I always use Manitoba Harvest)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cherries, chopped
- Combine the dates in a food processor and process until it becomes a paste
- Add the cashews and process until the cashews are no longer whole
- Add in the coconut oil, raw cacao powder and process
- Add in hemp seeds and chopped cherries
- Once the mixture is completely combined and a thick texture, scoop out with a spoon and form them into balls
- Lay them on a cookie sheet and place into the freezer for 15-20 minutes to allow the bites to set
- Remove from the freezer and transfer from an airtight container. Store in the fridge. Bites will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge