Here is your solution to the ‘I don’t have time for breakfast’ dilemma. These egg muffins are super easy to make and customizable.
I usually like to add max 3 filling ingredients since you don’t want to pack them with ingredients (or maybe you do – that’s okay too!). The recipe below is my usual go to for fillings and if you try it as is I don’t think you will be disappointed.
These are a great to go breakfast option. They store well in the fridge and freezer. I make them and keep a few in the fridge and the rest in the freezer and pull them out as I want to. Easy peasy!
I can’t wait for you to try them and let me know how you like them!
- 12 eggs
- 1 package of mushrooms, sautéed
- Half an onion, caramelized
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped, caramelized
- Half a head of kale, finely chopped, sautéed
- Salt and pepper, other seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, add the seasoning (I used salt, pepper and cumin).
- Add in the sautéed mushrooms, kale and caramelized onion and garlic and mix completely
- Pour mixture into muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes
- Once baked remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool completely. Store the muffins in the fridge for a few days. Freeze the remaining muffins!