These macaroons are the perfect afternoon treat or just the pick me up you are looking for. They also make for a great dessert for a party (the guests won’t even know that they are secretly healthy).
They are loaded with lots of good fats and have minimal sugar. My preferred sweetener of choice when baking is coconut nectar. It’s a low glycemic and fructose sweetener with a neutral taste and goes very in energy bars or balls recipes. If you don’t have coconut nectar on hand you can use maple syrup, you just may need to adjust the amount for consistency purposes.
Hope you enjoy these macaroons as much as I do!
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup coconut nectar
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsps match powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- preheat oven to 250 degrees
- in a food processor, pulse the almonds and cashews until they are finely ground
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground nuts with the remaining ingredients and mix well until everything is incorporated
- Using a spoon or ice scream scoop, portion macaroons on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool on baking sheet. Once cool transfer to an air tight container