Apparently January 24th is #nationalpeanutbutterday so in honor of my favorite nut butter here is a recipe to save and make. PB protein cookies which are super easy to make and with no added sugar (minus the chocolate chips 😉). These are on repeat for me. They’re the perfect on the go snack!
Try them out and tag me in your creations!
- 3 ripe bananas (the riper the better!)
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup unflavoured protein (For this recipe I used Bob’s Red Mill Pea Protein but any unflavoured will do)*
- 1 cup PB (I use an all natural one)
- 3/4 unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tbsps Manitoba Harvest hemp seeds
- 4-5 tbsps chocolate chips (I always use Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a food processor until combined. Add the coconut and hemp seeds. Fold in the chocolate chips
- Using your hands, form the dough into miniature pucks and flatten them out
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 15-17 minutes
- Let it cool completely and transfer to an airtight container. After 2-3 days store cookies in fridge
*I have also used a chocolate flavoured plant based protein and it worked well. I have not tried this recipe with whey protein.